Virtual Heidelberg Laureate Forum
September 21–25, 2020
Reminder: On Monday, September 21, we begin to “Traverse Separation” with the Virtual HLF! Journalists will have access to the vast majority of the program points.
· Interviews with the most recent recipients of the Abel Prize, ACM A.M. Turing Award, ACM Prize in Computing, Fields Medal and Nevanlinna Prize.
· Karen Uhlenbeck, the first woman to receive the Abel Prize, will be interviewed by two HLF alumnae.
· Hot Topic revolves around “Digital Health” with renowned experts analyzing the opportunities and challenges that arise when utilizing technology to improve healthcare.
· Panel Discussion: “Scientific exchange and collaboration in the post-covid era” – Vinton Cerf, Alessio Figalli and Efim Zelmanov.
· Panel Discussion: “How to Trust the Incomprehensible – Public Science Communication in Mathematics and Computer Science” – John Hopcroft, Ilka Agricola, Susan D’Agostino and Eva Wolfangel – moderated by Volker Stollorz
· Panel Discussion: “Theorems and initiatives inspired by Maryam Mirzakhani” – Mirzakhani’s influence has not faded, she still inspires progress both in mathematics and society.
These sessions are part of a larger program packed with laureate talks, informal dialogues, exhibitions and more. Check the website for a detailed overview and updates.
We will assist journalists interested in organizing interviews, send requests to: media@heidelberg-laureate-